FAQS For Water Restoration Repair
For answers to frequent questions about SI Restoration’s water damage clean up services, including extraction and drying, please select one of the links below.
- What causes water damage?
- What are some hidden signs of water damage?
- Can water damage cause mold?
- How can we safely inspect our house or business for water damage?
- How does the water removal process work?
- How can we help speed the repair of my home or business after a storm or flood?
- What is air drying?
- What is dehumidification?
- Which insurance companies pay for your water damage extraction and drying services?
- How much do your water damage clean up services cost?
- How quickly do you respond?
Some of the reasons why homes, dwellings, and businesses experience water damage include (but are not limited to):
- Toilet overflows
- Water heater leaking or breaking
- Pipe bursts
- Floods, heavy rains, and storm damage
- Sprinkler breaks/busts
- Fire damage
Although walls and ceilings may look dry after a water damage, water (in most cases) has entered behind the walls.
Using a moisture meter will determine if you have moisture is behind the walls. If you have moisture behind the walls, there is almost a guarantee that you will have mold in the future (often within 36 to 72 hours). Unknown wet insulation is also a great place for odors and mold growth.
Please don’t forget that water damages computers as well. Office equipment, paper files, furniture, art work, and musical instruments all might look dry on the outside, but might contain unwanted moisture creating future permanent damage. Call us at the number above to assist you in water damage clean up.
Water damage is the leading cause of mold growth. Mold, like other bacteria, animal or plant life, needs water to grow. Remove the moisture and water, and then you have stopped the mold from growing (not stopping the mold, just the continual growth).
It takes 3 main ways for mold to develop:
- Food source ( drywall , carpet, organic dust )
- Warm temperatures
SI Restoration can assist you with water damage clean up and mold remediation removal services. Please call us, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the number above.
Unless you have moisture meters and know where to look for hidden moisture, you’ll be taking a chance of not finding mold growth.
- Extract as much water as possible.
- Remove furniture from the effected area or put furniture on blocks.
- Correctly take carpet from floors. If done incorrectly (not using professional techniques), the carpet will rip as well as ruin carpet seams.
- Remove wet padding and dispose.
- Extract as much water from the sub floor as possible.
In many cases, after a storm many restoration companies book up quickly so you want to call a qualified water damage restoration specialist as soon as possible. Call us at the number at the top of the page to assist you in water damage clean up.
Meanwhile here are some tips on what to do while you are waiting:
- Remove as much water as possible.
- Get all the items in the effected areas onto wood blocks of the flooring.
- Carefully remove the baseboard from your home ( wall base for office ) and drill large quarter size holes on the unpainted areas. This will allow air movement to start drying the walls.
- Remove any sensitive moisture items (computers, very expensive furniture, artwork, etc.) to area not effected by the water damage.
One of the many tools available to a professional water damage restoration company is the use of air drying. Using speed dryers, air mover, etc. pushes or moved the moisture off the water damaged effected material (carpet, furniture, walls, etc.) and dispossessed into the air where the commercial dehumidifier catches it and removed it from the room.
SI Restoration uses both air movers and dehumidifiers to correctly dry water damage situations. Call us at the number at the top of the page to assist you in water damage clean up, water extraction, and drying.
Dehumidification is the process of removing moisture from the air and away from the areas that you want dry.
All insurance companies pay for our services. As a home owner or business owner you have the right to use who ever you want to mitigate (extract water, lift carpet, remove padding, remove wall base, place air movers and dehumidifiers, etc.) the water damage.
Due to the fact that there are so many issues involved in estimating a water damage cost, there is no possibility to answer the question here. We advise you to call our office at the number above and get free assistance from our knowledgeable office staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
SI Restoration is proud to say that we are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And that we respond to emergency calls after regular business hours just 10 minutes after the initial call. In fact, we consistently maintain a 99% success rate in returning calls quickly and efficiently.
For more information about SI Restoration and the water damage clean up, extraction, drying, and other restoration services we provide, please call us at the number at the top of the page, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or fill out our contact form.