Services for Sewage Damage Restoration Services
Locations serviced for sewage back up includes Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Washington DC, Virginia and New York.
Sewage damage may potentially be the most harmful and dangerous substance that can be found in a building. Sewage contains fungi, bacteria and viruses. Amongst these viruses are Hepatitis, HIV, and AIDS. Many victims of sewage damage believe that the waste distributed amongst the affected areas belong only to the occupants of that particular building. When, in fact, the waste could potentially belong to an entire community of people and animals, exposing the victims to various unknown risks which could prove to be deadly.
The IICRC states in its S500 Guidelines regarding water / sewage damage that, “Highly absorbent sewage-saturated materials, such as carpet, pad, upholstery, bedding, wicker, paper or even fabrics that cannot be washed in hot water (at least) 130 degrees F/54 degrees C for at least 10 minutes, must be contained and disposed of properly. This goes for sewage-saturated drywall, insulation… and other structural materials.”
SI Restoration’s staff of IICRC Certified Technicians will properly handle your sewage damage.
Sewage Damage Services Include:
- All hydroscopic materials (carpet, furniture, fabrics, paper, etc.) will be contained and removed from the premises.
- All drywall 2 feet above the affected area will be cut out and removed.
- Padding and carpet track strips will be contained and removed.
- Deep cleaning, using OSHA and IICRC approved chemicals, are used to disinfect the entire affected area.
- A third-party Industrial Hygienist will be called in for “clearance testing” to ensure the affected area was safe to reoccupy.
Sewage damage should never be taken lightly. Should insurance not cover the damage caused by a sewer backup, families and small businesses should consider paying out of pocket to ensure all IICRC guidelines are met. In the end, the health and safety of inhabitants of affected properties is what matters most.